Friday, November 18, 2011

Exercise ball,resistance bands, and hugs!


Today, me and a friend met to workout and we started off our workout with a stability/exercise ball and resistance band workout. First, we did some bicep curls and tricep extensions with the resistance bands. Here is my friend, Stephanie, making a lovely face while doing her tricep extensions.
Then, we tried to mix things up with the band and try to do some "flys", if that is what you want to call them. We experimented, but stuck with what we knew!
Now, on to the stability/exercise ball! We started off with some basic crunches on the ball, then did some ab work with it by placing it between our feet and lifting and lowering it with our legs...but not letting it touch the floor. Another exercise we did is the Ball Jacknife. With this one, you place your ankles on top of the exercise ball, legs extended, chest facing the floor and extend your arms to lift you from the floor. Keeping your back and arms extended, roll on top of the ball until your upper arms are pressed against it and pull yourself back up after a short pause. The next thing we did was pushups...which killed my arms since I had done the rock wall the other day for the first time, so my arms were SO sore! But I managed to get a full set in despite the soreness!
After a few times through, we took a little break before going to the weight room to do our cardio on the ellipticals, and here is the result of that break.....
She just really LOVES working out with the stability ball! =)

1 comment:

  1. Hey, EMILY & Stephanie,good workout. I am pumped and ready to put my antique exercise equipment to work.Plus I will think about adding some bands to my routine. Thanks for the motivation. Keep up the good work. Ms. Jerri

    ReplyDelete