Wednesday, March 21, 2012

rise and shine!

Hello, and yes. You have probably thought I have fallen off the face of the planet. It has been since November since I have posted anything and I greatly apologize for that. Sometimes it is hard to get in the swing of things, especially remembering to keep up a blog. But I am back! A lot has happened since November! I have done Jump Start Training again, became an official Beaman personal trainer, and am now working on my first half marathon at the end of April, as well as becoming a certified personal trainer this summer! Woohoo! But to kick things back into gear, it is officially spring! Sunny days, beautiful weather, blooming flowers, and the "it's almost summer" workouts!
So, for me, I will work out any time of the day. Whenever I can get a workout in, I am there. But usually when I work out in the morning, I feel better, especially for the rest of the day. So, this morning, me and a friend hit up the gym. We just started off with simple jogging on the treadmill for 15 minutes. I got at about a mile and a half at the pace i was going. Then for our upper body circuit we did:

  • 10 bent over one arm rows (both sides, using a 10lb. hand weight)
  • 10 lateral (side) raises (also with 10lbs.)
  • 10 frontal raises (10lbs.)
  • 10 bicep curls w/ an added over head press (10lbs.) 
we then went on to do an ab circuit of:

  • 10 regular crunches
  • 15 crunches (with hands under tailbone, bringing knees toward chest)
  • 15 crunches with legs extended
  • 15 regular, full sit ups
  • 30 seconds of flutter kicks
  • 30 seconds of scissor kicks
  • 1 minute plank
We did both circuits twice, until she had to go to class.
Then I hit up the treadmill for another 15 minutes.

Workout complete.

For breakfast:
  • 2 Light, original rice cakes (35 calories each) w/ peanut butter on them
  • small thing of applesauce


Now that my morning workout is complete. Bring on the coffee and bring on the day! 

No comments:

Post a Comment